- added the ability to email notes;
- searching will now highlight PDF results;
- added Print Preview & the ability to only print selected text;
- notes that are marked as shortcuts are now visible in the tray icon;
- added the option to use notify-send instead of Qt’s popup notification;
- a colors.txt file can now be added to customize note background color options;
- various GUI enhancements.
- full synchronization of all notes and attachments;
- the ability to create, edit and delete notes, tags, notebooks and saved searches;
- the ability yo search notes and index attachments;
- allows using the image text recognition features provided by Evernote;
- supports multiple Evernote accounts.
- slightly different search syntax (NixNote allows any term to be negated, where Evernote does not);
- no Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn sharing;
- audio notes are not directly supported (you can’t record audio notes through NixNote but you can use a note recorded with a different app as an attachment);
- Ink notes can’t be implemented in NixNote because Evernote doesn’t provide an API for it.
Note: To enable syncing with Evernote, from the NixNote 2 menu select Tools > Synchronize and authenticate NixNote 2 with Evernote.
Download NixNote 2 beta
To download the NixNote 2 source, report bugs and so on, see its GitHub page.